Valentine’s Day being around the corner has got us thinking about sexual health and how it is a crucial aspect of overall health and well-being. It plays a significant role in relationships, self-esteem, and quality of life. One important aspect of sexual health is our libido, which refers to an individual’s overall sexual drive and desire. When addressing each individuals’ challenge of libido, Acacia understands that every person is unique and their experiences, preferences and challenges are equally diverse.
Common factors contributing to libido concerns in men and women are hormone imbalances, low thyroid levels, stress, depression, autoimmune disorders, and hormone imbalance. It is important to seek professional advice to identify the root causes and possible treatments.
Here are just some of the treatments for libido and sexual health we provide at Acacia:
Prescription Compounded Medications
- “Life is Good” – A prescription compound for your brain, mood and sleep. This compound includes melatonin, a hormone the body produces naturally that play a role in sleep; oxytocin, which offers a calming affect that may influence your emotions and mental health; and low-dose naltrexone, which helps to boost your “feel-good” hormones by increasing your body’s natural production of endorphins and reducing inflammation.
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy when compounded for an individual’s needs can restore balanced hormone levels improving sexual desire and arousal. BHRT compounds can come in the form of topical creams, vaginal suppositories, sublingual lozenges, and capsules.
- Female specific compounds for libido/sexual health
- Estrogens to reduce vaginal dryness
- Oxytocin or testosterone to help with desire
- Sildenafil or tadalafil may help to increase blood flow to stimulate orgasm
- Vaginal libido cream- various ingredients to increase blood flow to increase desire, stimulate orgasm, improving sexual function
- Male specific compounds for sexual health
- Testosterone cream to boost sex drive
- Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and combinations to treat erectile dysfunction
Vitamins, Supplements, and over the counter options
- Libido Health- an over-the-counter supplement composed of a proprietary blend designed to address those factors that may contribute to sexual dysfunction in men and women such as energy level, hormone balance, circulation and nervous system function.
- Bliss Intimate Oil- Cannabis-infused intimate oil to provide relaxation and the ability to focus on personal pleasure.
At Acacia, we strive to educate and guide our patients and prescribers to solutions that can improve sexual satisfaction, thus improving quality of life. We welcome you to reach out today for more information.